Incident Summary – Night shift, Thursday 23rd May

Published 24th May 2024

To ensure that people are not identifiable from our incident round up, we will no longer be providing street names for smaller towns and villages, where incidents have occurred. 


Time: 17:32    Location: Richmond

Richmond crew attended a domestic property following a report of a possible oven fire. However, on arrival, crew confirmed this to be a false alarm due to cooking fumes. Advice given.

Time: 17:55    Location: Hull Road, York

York and Acomb crews attended and extinguished a fire within a commercial property. Power was isolated and crews used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. Crews then ventilated the area using a pressure fan. Incident left in hands of responsible persons.

Time: 20:07    Location: Skipton Road, Harrogate

Harrogate crews assisted at a domestic property, isolating a leak from a boiler and giving advice. Incident left in hands of housing maintenance team.

Time: 20:11    Location: Huntington 

Huntington crew attended and assessed an overheated vehicle. All occupants out on arrival of fire and rescue crew. Crew used one hose reel to cool the vehicle and a thermal image camera to carry out checks. Incident left with owner of vehicle, arranging recovery.

Time: 21:05    Location: Filey

Filey crew attended area close to beach following reports of a fire within grassland. On arrival, crew confirmed fire was out. Inspection only.

Time: 23:28    Location: Great Ayton

Stokesley crew attended the area following a report of a fire in the open. Crew confirmed controlled burning, left unattended. Extinguished using one hose reel.

Time: 00:21    Location: Hull Road, York

York crew attended a domestic property to assist persons locked out. However, on arrival, other residents had allowed access. No action taken by fire service personnel.


In addition to the above incidents, crews from Malton, Knaresborough, Scarborough and Harrogate have attended automatic fire alarm activations throughout the evening and into the early hours of the morning. Following investigations, all were confirmed to be false alarms.