As a service we work with the North Yorkshire Police and the 95 Alive York & North Yorkshire Road Safety Partnership to reduce the number of casualties on our roads.
Our messaging around road safety aligns with the national Fatal 5 campaign, these are
- Inappropriate speed
- Using a mobile whilst driving
- Not wearing a seatbelt
- Drink and/or drug driving
- Careless driving
- Remember speed is one of the main factors in fatal road accidents
- Remember you are 4 times more likely to crash if you use a mobile whilst driving and your reaction times are 50% slower
- Remember drivers and passengers who fail to wear seatbelts are breaking the law and could be fined up to £500
- Remember you are twice as likely to die in a road accident if you are not wearing a seatbelt
- Remember if you are caught drink driving you will be banned from the road for at least 12 months and fined up to £5,000
More information can be found on the 95 Alive Roadwise website and the road safety section of the North Yorkshire Police website.
Be blue light aware
Do you know what to do when an emergency vehicle needs to get past you? Watch the video below and find out.